With a new year comes new adventures! Summer 2017 is the perfect opportunity to get out of the house and enjoy the warm weather. The neighbourhood comes to life in the summer with many new vendors, activities and events to enjoy in the community. Here are some of the many things you can do this summer:
You can never be too cool to hang out with your family. Spending quality time with your relatives gives you a chance to catch up with one another and make great memories. Here are some ways to spend the summer with your family at home:
- Family barbecue - In your very own backyard, you can fire up the grill and spend the day chatting or playing outdoor games.
- Watch a movie under the stars - Whether it’s in your backyard or at the drive-in, there’s no better way to enjoy a flick than under the stars.
- Roast marshmallows by the bonfire - Who doesn’t love a good bonfire - especially when there are marshmallows involved! Buy some crackers and chocolate to go along with it and turn it into a fun night.
Events and Festivals:
The summer is designated festival season and what better way to spend your money then devoting your day to live music, food and friends. Here are some upcoming events and festivals taking place in the GTA this summer:
- Canada Day 150 celebration in Vaughan - Hosted at Boyd Conservation Area, this year’s Canada Day celebration is bigger than ever. Head out for a day headlined by Coleman Hell!
- Pizza Fest - Woodbridge will be hosting their second annual Pizza Fest this summer. There is no reason to say no to an event that includes pizza!
- Rib Fest - Every summer Ribfest takes over the GTA by storm! Many cities and towns host their own Ribfest, including Woodbridge, Mississauga and Aurora, which means you get to enjoy more than one of these exciting festivals!
Food, food, food:
Cool off and relax at local restaurants for a tasty treat and refreshing drinks!
- Bang Bang and Sweet Jesus ice cream shops - These are just a short drive away in Downtown Toronto and are home to some of the best ice cream in the city!
- Shoeless Joe’s restaurant - A new location is now open in Vaughan! Sit on the newly built rooftop patio for the full experience!
- Joey’s restaurant patio in Markham - Not only is this restaurant delicious, but it is perfect for homebuyers at Treasure Hill’s upcoming community Trendi Towns in Markham
- Symposium Café in Aurora - Located nearby Treasure Hill’s Adena Views, this restaurant is great for any meal of the day.
Summer is one of the greatest times of the year because of the endless adventures. Let Treasure Hill help make it even better by purchasing a home only seconds away from all the fun.