The Greater Toronto Area is full of culture and natural beauty. The foliage of the fall leaves makes hiking at this time magical, especially when some trails are close to home. Fall is the perfect time to get outdoors and get some great hikes in with the cooler temperatures and the glorious changing colours of the leaves. Whether close to home or a short drive away, many trails offer great little adventures for the whole family!
Treasure Hill is excited to introduce their stunning new communities situated around the GTA. There is always something to do and somewhere to go, so settle into your new home and check out the top hiking trails near you!
- Darlington Provincial Park - Buy a new home at Kingsview Ridge and you will experience Oshawa’s hidden gems which make the small-scale city a desirable place to live. Discover the peaceful beach at Darlington Provincial Park and listen to the waves brush against the shallow lands. There are four major trails in Oshawa that lead to the beautiful park and they are roughly 15 minutes away from our community, Kingsview Ridge!
- Burk Trail (30 mins walk)
- McLaughlin Bay Trail (1-hour walk)
- Robinson Creek Trail (30 mins walk)
- Waterfront Trail (1-hour walk)
- Vista Park - Life is better by the water at Georgina Heights! Keswick is known for its tranquil atmosphere because it is near cottage-country and only minutes away from the lake. The neighbourhoods in Keswick are absolutely stunning, now can you imagine the picturesque views hidden within the trees? Vista Park is a dog friendly park with a lot of miniature trails that overlook Cook’s Bay and is only 10 minutes away from Georgina Heights!
Sheppard’s Bush Conservation Area - Located near Adena Views and 5 minutes from the Aurora Community Arboretum parklands, Sheppard’s Bush expands to about 65 acres of land and includes a long- winding hiking trail. Within the park itself are soccer fields, picnic areas and historic landmarks, making this Conservation Area a major park to visit in Aurora. The trails are regularly maintained so that residents are able to hike or bike through safely. The Nokiidaa Trail System runs through the Conservation Area and connects to Newmarket all the way to East Gwillimbury reaching the popular Roger’s Reservoir where you can enjoy the beautiful scenery of the trees reflecting off the river.
The Oak Ridges Trail association (ORTA) is a volunteer-based organization that focuses on building and maintaining a public hiking trail in Oak Ridges and conveniently Adena Views is situated in close proximity to this community, in which the members include hiking trails across Aurora as well. The non-profit group offers guided hikes for all trail levels throughout the week and weekends.
- Tallgrass Trek - Explore the restored habitats of wetlands, meadows, and forests in Markham, only moments away from the upcoming community, Trendi Towns. Tallgrass Trek leads you towards the honourable Bob Hunter’s Memorial Park where you can relax and experience a nature retreat on a beautiful fall day. Observe the wildlife and communicate with friendly hikers because you may learn something new. Immerse yourself in the beautiful scenery and appreciate this place you call home.
- Bowmanville Valley Conservation Area - A majestic walking trail in Bowmanville invites you to explore the quaint outdoor space. The beauty of this park is that it is not usually crowed with people, so you can enjoy a quiet stroll any day of the year. Bring your pets and stop off at the creek and be captivated by the beautiful views.
For more information on Treasure Hill’s new and upcoming communities, visit our website at www.treasurehill.com.