July 11, 2019 by Treasure Hill Homes
Summer is in full swing and we couldn’t be more excited about it. It’s the perfect time of year to get outside and explore the community you live in – especially when you live somewhere as great as Maple. Part of the city of Vaughan, Maple is surrounded by lots of exciting activities and attractions. Here are just a few:
- Be a Ride Warrior at Canada’s Wonderland There is no way we could write this list without including the country’s largest amusement park. Canada’s Wonderland is literally minutes away when you live in Maple. It stretches over 330 acres and is home to over 200 attractions, 69 rides and 15 jaw-dropping rollercoasters. The newest rollercoaster, Yukon Striker, is the 17th coaster at Canada’s Wonderland and is the fastest dive coaster at 130 kilometres per hour, the longest dive coaster at 3,625 feet and the tallest dive coaster at 245 feet. If the day is too hot for you, don’t miss the excitement at the water park, Splash Works.
- Shop ‘til You Drop at Vaughan Mills This is another premier destination situated just minutes away from the Maple community. This regional outlet mall is home to over 245 retail stores and services. Whether you’re there to shop all day or enjoy a fun activity like Legoland, Vaughan Mills has lots to offer.
- Visit Reptiles at Reptilia This is the ultimate reptile kingdom experience! Reptilia is Canada’s largest indoor reptile zoo and is home to over 250 reptiles, amphibians and arachnids. It is a great place to take the family during the summer months. Make sure to take a look at the schedule before you go and you can watch a live feeding.
- Explore Local Trails Maple is within close distance to several beautiful trails including Boyd Conservation Area, the Kortright Centre for Conservation and the McMichael Art Collection. All offer a tranquil setting for walks with family and friends during spring, summer and fall. Be sure to check for special events here throughout the summer.
- Enjoy Concerts in the Park Every summer, Vaughan hosts a concert series that has become deeply adored by the community. On select Wednesdays in July, you can enjoy a free concert at a different park each week including a local Maple park. Take a look at the full schedule here.
- Attend a Local Festival Food festivals are summer favourites, and for Maple residents, there are several located nearby. This year’s Vaughan Pizza Fest is taking place between July 12th and 14th at Interchange Park. It will feature entertainment from DJ Pauly D and lots of delicious food. On August 9th to 11th, you can also visit the neighbouring Woodbridge community for their annual Ribfest. It takes place at Woodbridge Fairgrounds and hosts several large vendors plus a carnival.
- If you enjoy golfing, be sure to test your skills at either Eagles Nest Golf (public course) or consider becoming a member at Maple Downs Golf and Country Club which includes golf, tennis and swimming. Both are known for exceptional cuisine, special events and brunches.
Maple is all-around a great place to live. That is why we are proud to be offering new townhomes in Maple, coming soon at The Arthur. This community will be located at Keele Street and McNaughton Drive, just moments from big city amenities and major attractions.
Register today at our website to receive email updates about The Arthur - click here.