March 11, 2020 by Treasure Hill Homes
March Break is just around the corner! This is the perfect time to start preparing all the fun activities your family can participate in. Spend your days outdoors (fingers crossed for some nice weather) or take part in one of the many exciting indoor events that are happening in and around the GTA. Here are some:
- Hike at Sheppard’s Bush Conservation Area Sheppard’s Bush Conservation Area offers over 65 acres and is very popular for their hiking trails. Make note – visitor parking will be available for a maximum of 3 hours between Monday to Friday.
- March Break “Crafter-noon” On March 18th, Aurora Cultural Centre will be hosting an afternoon of arts and crafts. The best part is, it’s completely free! Learn more here.
- Stargaze at David Dunlap Observatory During March Break, there will be lots of events at the David Dunlap Observatory for families. Take a look at the website to find out when you can participate
- Bring your dog to Phyllis Rawlinson Park March Break probably means spending some well-deserved time with the family dog, and where better to bring them than an off-leash dog area. Your furry friend will have lots of fun in this one-hectare area.
- Enjoy the Sugarbush Maple Syrup Festival Beginning on March 14th, the Maple Syrup Festival at Kortright Centre will feature demonstrations, wagon rides and so many activities. Open all week during March Break, this is sure to be a great time for the whole family. Learn more here.
- Browse fine art at McMichael Canadian Art Collection Home to the art of Canada, McMichael Canadian Art Collection is the perfect place to visit during March Break. Here’s a tip: between March 18th and March 20th, there will be various limited time presentations that are free with admission. Read more on their website.
- Take the family to Kids Fest 2.0 Kick off the March Break with Kids Fest at Markham Fairgrounds on March 14th and 15th. The indoor festival will be filled with inflatables, games, crafts, live entertainment and food. Learn more here.
- Go for a shopping trip at Markville Mall On one of those inevitable rainy days, take the family to Markville Mall for a day of shopping and fun. The mall is home to over 160 stores plus lots of delicious places to eat.
- Hike at Darlington Provincial Park Spend at least one of your days this March Break at the beautiful Darlington Provincial Park, located between Bowmanville and Oshawa. There are 4 different trails ranging between easy and moderate hiking levels.
- Join Library Programs at Clarington Public Library The Bowmanville branch of Clarington Public Library has lots going on this March Break, including a fun event called Whodunnit? – a program for children aged 9 and up centered around using clues to uncover a mystery. Read more here.
- Take part in the ‘Marsh’ Break Hike On March 18th, join Friends of Second Marsh for a guided hike of the largest remaining urban wetland in the GTA. Learn more about how to get involved at their website.
- See the animals at Oshawa Zoo The zoo is one of the best places for family fun! This March Break, you can visit the Oshawa Zoo on weekends between 10:00am to 4:00pm or weekdays between 10:00am to 2:30pm.
- Check out Maple Syrup Festival March is when maple syrup begins flowing at Bronte Creek Provincial Park, so why not visit for their annual festival. Open everyday through March Break, attractions include a pancake house, gift shop, farm animals and so much more. To learn more, visit this website.
- Visit Lion’s Valley Park As one of Oakville’s top attractions, Lion’s Valley Park is a must-visit during March Break. If the weather is right, make it a day trip and pack a picnic.
- Watch a movie at Imagine Cinemas This March Break, we’re hoping for great weather but if we don’t get it, then Imagine Cinemas is a great venue to watch a family-friendly movie. It’s comfortable and has several movie options that you will love to watch. Browse through what’s showing here.
- Compete in the Cardboard Toboggan Races Now this is an exciting family event! On March 19th, Keswick is hosting a family-friendly toboggan race where you are responsible for designing the coolest toboggan you can make with cardboard! Prizes will be awarded for fastest, most creative and more! Learn about it here.
- Watch Splash’N Boots at The Rose Theatre On March 18th, get your tickets and head to The Rose Theatre for a joyous show! Connecting children and families through music, Splash’N Boots is an amazing project promoting inclusion. Get your tickets here.
- Rock Climb at Toprock Kids will be so excited when you bring them to the first indoor rock-climbing gym in Brampton, but it’s also lots of fun for adults to! Plan your visit at their website.
Treasure Hill is so excited to be building in all the great locations above. If you’re interested in a new home in any of these great communities, make sure to register at our website.